Everything Beyonce does is careful and thought out. Her entire image is perfection crafted from planning ahead. She does not ‘wing it’ or throw things into her performances and public appearances ‘just because’.
What she did at this award show was amazing, especially because of how intentional and thought out it clearly was.
Feminism is a scary word for a lot of people. Many women are afraid of calling themselves feminist because they think it implies anger, hatred of men, or a rejection of traditional femininity.
Beyonce presented everyone watching with two distinct images of what many viewers viewed as two very different women. There is the strong, independent FEMINIST. She is the woman who likes being in control and being in the spotlight. Then there is the WIFE and MOTHER. She is soft, sweet, smiling at the husband and child you can tell she loves and values so much.
For every girl watching who was afraid to be a feminist, afraid to be powerful, because of what she thought she would lose, this is an incredible message. You can be all the things you want to be. You can be both. Feminists can have amazing happy, full lives full of both traditional and modern womanhood.
Feminism means gender should not be a source of persecution or a restriction of your choices. Feminism mean the type of person you should be is based on what you value, not what outside forces pressure you to value because of your gender or biological sex. Shout at the top of your lungs that you are a feminist and proud. Then go and be the exact person that you want to be.
somebody please help me i’m this close to being in tears
skyeward + [best of] looking at each other’s lips (requested by Anonymous)
but why didn’t we get to see more of domestic life on the bus?
- skye using up all the water while showering because “come on guys, I haven’t had a proper shower in ages I lived in a van" and everyone complaining because they live on a bus and there is a limited water supply
- fitzsimmons having saturday movie nights on their own at first because that’s what they always did but then people slowly start joining and it’s a weekly tradition after
- chore charts where ward and may switch off for vacuuming duty because let’s be real they’re the only people who can lift and vacuum under the heavy furniture
- fitz making modifications to the mop and vacuum because sometimes chores are too hard
- simmons and may cooking together because apparently the only thing grant ward can cook is eggs and for fitz it’s bacon
- sometimes coulson makes lunch and puts them in little paper bags with notes in them because sometimes his team needs some cheering up
- everyone sharing books and it comes to may reading a trashy teen romance novel of skye’s
- everyone playing monopoly and somehow ward and skye always win
- someone hangs things up on the fridge and no one knows who it is but they sure did like ward’s puppy drawing
- laundry getting mixed up depending on who did laundry that week but one time skye’s button downs got mixed with fitz’s buttons downs and even ward laughed
- coulson taking pictures of happy family moments and simmons taking selfies every chance she gets and they get hung up on the fridge too
- music tastes getting shared so eventually may has coulson’s classical, skye’s teen angst metal, fitz’s emo indie, simmons’s trashy pop, and grant’s classic rock songs on her ipod
- and maybe when trip comes along and things have all settled down everyone discovers he has the best music taste and he still keeps his kindergarten graduation diploma in his suitcase and now he’s on the chore chart and on the fridge and in the ipod
- T E A M B U S B E I N G A F A M I L Y
(Also relevant to problems of race, gender, etcetera.)
We’re the generation of women who will teach their sons to act respectfully instead of teaching our daughters to beware
This is everything I stand for.
i don’t want to be a part of a college system where plagiarism is a worse crime than rape
okay today i found out my mom didn’t know who chris evans was so i made her watch captain america the first avenger with me and throughout the entire movie she commented on the prettiness of his eyes 4 times and now has a crush on him
i’ve never been so proud
If you’re in college right now
Check the syllabus for each one of your classes right now while you bullshittin
Don’t fall behind this early in the semester off some bullshit